Registrar of Vital Statistics
Maryann Lang, CMR
Deputy Registrar of Vital Statistics
Lisa DiTaranto, CMR
111 Ridgedale Avenue
Florham Park, NJ 07932
Obtaining a Certified Copy of a Vital Record:
The Borough of Florham Park issues certified copies of birth, death, and marriage records for events that occurred within the Borough of Florham Park. A certified copy can be used for legal or identification purposes. A certified copy of a vital record can only be issued to those individuals who have direct link to the individual(s) named on the vital record. The requestor must be able to fully identify the vital record and provide proof of his/her identity and relationship.
The Registrar’s Office is located at 111 Ridgedale Avenue, Florham Park, NJ 07932. It is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (excluding holidays). It is advisable to call before coming to the office to ensure the Registrar/Deputy Registrar will be available to assist you. You must arrive by 4:00 pm to receive your certified copy on the same day. (973-410-5319).
Fees and Required Documentation – via Mail or In-Person:
Fee: $25.00 (1st Copy) $5.00 each additional copy (per order)
Cash or check payable to the “Borough of Florham Park” only.
You must complete and application for a certified copy of a vital record. To download the application, click here
Also, you must provide the following documentation:
- Self -Identification
- All requests must include your PHOTO driver’s license with an address or two alternate forms of ID with your address. Acceptable types of alternate identification are: driver’s license without photo, vehicle registration, insurance card, passport, county ID, school ID, utility bill.
- Proof of Relationship
- You must also include proof of your relationship to the individual(s) listed on the record your are requesting, unless it’s your own record.
Requests by Mail:
Mail all requests to 111 Ridgedale Avenue, Florham Park, NJ 07932. You must include a photocopy of your identification and a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want the record to be mailed back to you. All mail-in requests will only be mailed to the address shown on your proof of identification. Vital Records are never faxed.
If you would like information on conducting genealogical research, click here
MARRIAGE/CIVIL UNION LICENSES
Getting married or entering into a Civil Union?
You may apply for a marriage or civil union license in the town where either applicant resides. Please contact the local Registrar where you will apply for detailed instructions. If both applicants live out of state, you must apply in the town where the ceremony is to be held in New Jersey.
To apply for a Marriage license or Civil Union License in Florham Park:
Appointment is required.
Please call the Registrar’s office at 973-410-5319 to schedule and appointment. It is recommended that you apply at least two weeks before the scheduled ceremony. There is a mandatory 72 hour waiting period from the time the application is filed to the date the license is issued. Once issued, the license is only valid for 30 days.
Required documents when applying for a marriage license in Florham Park:
- Proof of identity by presenting your driver’s license, passport or state/federal ID.
- Proof of residency – only if a NJ resident.
- Social security number.
- A witness, 18 years of age or older.
- The $28 application fee payable in cash or check to the Borough of Florham Park.
Your social security number is required by law for US citizens and will be kept confidential.
Any documents in foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Additional Documents (these documents are helpful but not required):
- A copy of your birth certificate to establish your parent’s names and related birth information.
- If you are divorced or had a marriage/civil union annulled, please bring the decree or the civil annulment documents for important dates.
- If your former spouse/civil union or domestic partner is deceased, please bring the death certificate.
Applicants must know:
- City and state of their birth
- Parents full names and birth place
- Name, address and phone number of the person performing the ceremony.
Your marriage license will be permanently filed with the Registrar in the municipality where the ceremony was performed.