Building & Construction

Inspection Scheduling

Permit Applications:  The Borough is accepting applications at the Construction office window or mailed applications.

Please email inspection requests to Kristin Linden,, and Michele Yannotta,

Information required in inspection request: Permit number, Work site address, Type of inspection, Contact name & Phone number.



The New Jersey Uniform Construction Code and the Borough’s planning, zoning, and property maintenance codes and ordinances are administered by full-time and part-time officials who are licensed and/or certified by the State of New Jersey’s Department of Community Affairs.

This division is led by the Construction Official, Kevin Guilfoyle, who also serves as the Building Sub-code Official. Permits and General Information can be obtained by calling 973-410-5350. The Construction Official can be reached at 973-410-5352.

Kevin Guilfoyle, Code Administration
Construction Official:

Technical Assistant to the Construction Official: Krstin Linden,

Admin. Assistant to the Construction Official: Michele Yanotta:

Electrical Sub-Code Official: Robert Smith,

Plumbing Sub-Code Official; Raymond Keeley,

Building Inspector: Joe Lotorto,

Fire Sub-Code Official: Fred Kingston,

Code Enforcement Officer; William Kussler, 973-410-5463,

Zoning Official: Neil Schetelick, 973-410-5346,

Permits, Inspection Requests and General Information 973-410-5350

Building/Construction Forms & Applications:

Air Conditioning Replacement Permit

Building Subcode

Construction Permit Application

Deck Patio Permit Application

Demolition Application

Electrical Subcode

Fence Application

Fire Protection Subcode

Framing Checklist

Furnace Replacement Application

Generator Application

Inspection Schedule 2022

Interior Alterations Packet

Mechanical Inspection

New Addition Application

Plumbing Subcode

POD Application

Pool and Hot Tub Permit Application

Sheds Under 200 SF

Sheds Over 200 SF

Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Plan for Demolition

Temporary Pool Application

Zoning Application

Zoning Sign Permit Application