Municipal Judge: Honorable Ira Cohen
Court Administrator: Noelle Brando, CMCA
Phone: 973-410-5303 / 973-410-5324
Municipal Prosecutor: Gary Grabas
Municipal Public Defender: Robert Warmington
**Please Note the following dates for the court office:
- Friday, October 27th – Open from 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Monday, October 30th – Court Office Closed
GENERAL COURT INFORMATION:
Weekly Court Sessions:
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, municipal courts have cancelled their in person court sessions. With the use of technology, certain cases may be able to be heard and adjudicated remotely. It is advised that you contact the court to set up a video court proceeding and provide your telephone and email address.
Violation Bureau Hours:
- The Court office is open Monday to Friday from 9-4:30 p.m. Payments can also be dropped off downstairs in the gray lock box located in the lobby or paid online. If you have any questions, contact the Court office at: 973-410-5324.
Accepted Methods of Payment
- The court accepts cash, checks and Visa, MasterCard or Discover cards.
New Jersey Courts Mission Statement:
We are an independent branch of government constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States and this State.
The Core Values of the Judiciary: Independence, Integrity, Fairness and Quality of Service.
WECLOME TO THE NEW JERSEY COURTS
BIENVENIDO A LOS TRIBUNALES DE NUEVA JERSEY
Your Day In Court:
Sus Derechos En El Juzgado
Interpreter or ADA Accommodation:
- If you need the service of an interpreter, please notify the municipal court administrator prior to your court appearance. Please advise the municipal court office in advance if you require an ADA accommodation.
- If you are charged with a disorderly persons offense, petty disorderly persons offense, or a municipal ordinance violations, and those charges are either dismissed, you are acquitted, or your case is discharged without a conviction or finding of guilt, you may be eligible for an expedited expungement pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2C:52-6. For more information and to determine if you are eligible, you may inquire with the municipal court at the time of disposition.
Payment & Guilty Plea:
- You may plead guilty and pay the penalty if the offense is payable without the necessity of a Court appearance. Your may either log on to www.njmcdirect.com to determine if the offense is payable and the amount of the penalty or telephone the court at 973-410-5324.
- PLEASE NOTE: You must have your ticket number and license plate number to access this website.
- Use the code 1411 for the Florham Park Court Code.
Offense is not Payable or Court Appearance Required:
- If the offense charged is not payable, or if “Court Appearance Required” is checked, You must appear in court on the indicated date and time. Also you can log on to www.njmcdirect.com to check a court date.
Not Guilty Plea:
- If you wish to plead not guilty, you must notify the court at the address and telephone number as shown above at least 7 days prior to the court date listed on the summons. If you fail to notify the court, it may be necessary for you to make an additional court appearance.
Failure to Appear:
- If you fail to appear in response to this summons or to pay the prescribed penalty, additional penalties may result, a warrant may be issued for your arrest, and your driving privileges in New Jersey may be revoked.
- Mediation is a confidential, structured, non-adversarial process that allows a neutral third party to assist disputing parties in reaching a mutually acceptable solution. The mediation process can be a less expense, informal, and more meaningful alternative than the traditional trial process. This is because of the efforts of trained volunteers and the resolution being decided by the participants. The court will refer appropriate cases to mediation.
How to Appeal A Court Decision:
Cómo apelar una decisión de un juzgado municipal