Michael Smith, Director of Public Works
George Stiner, Roads Supervisor | email@example.com| 973-410-5338
Andrew Williams, Buildings & Grounds Supervisor | firstname.lastname@example.org | 973-410-5341
Fred Vinci, Mechanic Supervisor | email@example.com | 973-410-5339
Vacant, Fields Supervisor Supervisor | | 973-410-5475
Liz Cangiano, Secretary | firstname.lastname@example.org | 973-410-5330
The DPW handles the following:
- Florham Park Environmental Center
- Maintenance of all Borough roads; i.e. repairing potholes, paving, etc.
- Maintenance of parks, playgrounds, and Municipal grounds and buildings
- Snow plowing of Borough roads
- Signage along Borough roads
- Installation and maintenance of storm drains
- Maintenance of all Borough vehicles, including police and fire
- Curbside pick-up of leaves and brush
- Removal of downed trees on Borough property
Inclement Winter Weather
Current Borough Ordinances prohibit the plowing or blowing of snow into Borough Roads. Please refrain from doing this as it creates hazardous driving conditions for residents.
We ask all residents to follow the rules below to help ensure a safe and efficient collection.
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES MIX ANY WOOD, BRANCHES, ROCKS, DIRTS OR ANY OTHER DEBRIS WITH LEAVES! IF THERE IS ANYTHING MIXED IN WITH THE LEAVES, YOUR PILE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED BECAUSE IT IS HAZARDOUS TO THE COLLECTION CREW AND COULD CAUSE EQUIPMENT FAILURE. IT IS THE RESIDENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE THEIR CONTRACTOR IS AWARE OF THIS.
Leaf Collection will begin the first full week in October, weather permitting. The leaf collection schedule will be posted on our website and on the community TV prior to the start of the schedule, or it can be obtained by calling the Department of Public Works at 973-410-5330.
The DPW will make two scheduled collections, followed by a final mop up. Please have your leaves on the curb by Monday morning of your scheduled week. Once a street is completed, it will not be picked up again until the next scheduled collection.
Residents should place leaves on the curb either loose or in biodegradable bags by Monday morning of the scheduled pick-up week. Leaves should not be placed in the street and leaves should never be burned.
Residents are encouraged to bring their leaves to the Environmental Center on Saturdays between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Leaves must be in cans, barrels or biodegradable bags to be accepted. NO loose leaves (tarped) will be accepted. NO contractors or commercial vehicles allowed. You may be asked to show proof of residency.
**We ask all residents to please adhere to these regulations to ensure a timely and efficient collection.
2020 RECYCLING SCHEDULE
Click Below for the Recycling Schedule:
Recycling is picked up every other Thursday by the Morris County Municipal Utility Authority. For missed pickups, call: 973-659-3490.
For missed pickups, call: 973-659-3490 –Missed pickups must be reported by 10 am Friday!
For additional information and questions, please call the DPW office at: 973-410-5330.
See new rules regarding plastic:
Morris County Environmental Guide:
2020 Household and Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Events:
Click HERE for the Morris County MUA Website
- HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE & COMPUTER/TELEVISION DROP OFF EVENTSComputers, TVs, monitors, laptops, portable computers, printers, scanners, phones, fax machines: E waste will NO LONGER be accepted at the MCMUA one day household hazardous waste events, they will only be accepted at the MCMUA’s facility located in Mt. Olive,( Mt. Olive Transfer Station, 168 Gold Mine Rd., Mt. Olive, NJ) or other drop off locations in Morris County (EXAMPLE: Best Buy, Rt. 10, E. Hanover or Staples, all addresses) See www.mcmua.com for facilities that manage E-Waste. Various oil based materials, chemicals, batteries, tanks, fluorescent lamps may be dropped off from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at the following Morris County Municipal Utilities locations on the following dates:
- May 16, 2020 Morris County Firefighters/Police Training Academy, 500 W. Hanover Ave., Parsippany, NJ.
- June 13, 2020 County College of Morris (Parking Lot #1), 214A Center Grove road, Randolph, NJ
- September 12, 2020 Morris County Firefighters /Police Academy, 500 W. Hanover Ave., Parsippany. NJ
- October 10, 2020 Chatham High School, 255 Lafayette Avenue, Chatham, NJ
- (For further information of acceptable materials and directions, please call the MCMUA at 973-829-8006.)The compactor and Environmental Center is open every Saturday from 8:00 am until 12 noon sharp. Please remember to bring proper identification or you will not be admitted to the Center. The Environmental Center is closed if a holiday falls exactly on that day.
Please refer to the MUA Website for further information of acceptable materials and directions. To contact the MUA by phone 973-829-8006.
Hazardous Waste Drop Off Dates:
Please click the link for drop-off dates: 2020 Hazardous Waste Drop Off Dates
Heavy Item Pick-Up:
The two collections scheduled for 2020 are the weeks of May 11 and September 14. All residents are required to register the items to be picked up by calling the Department of Public Works at 973-410-5330 no later than noon on the Friday before the scheduled collection. Failure to call on time may result in your items not being picked up. All items must be curbside by 7:00am Monday of the scheduled collection week.
Items that will NOT be picked up include oil tanks, gas cans, any type of aerosol cans, windows, sliding glass doors, mirrors, tires, propane tanks, contractor construction or demolition debris, firewood, logs, stumps, quantities of fencing, railroad ties or items in plastic garbage bags. No glass will be accepted. Only paint that is open and dried out in their container will be accepted (this can be done by mixing cat litter into the paint). We request, if possible, that you separate metal items from other items into two separate piles.
Appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers or any other items that have a compressor known to contain Freon can’t be picked up unless the DPW office has been provided with documentation indicating that the Freon has been legally removed.
Electronics (computers, televisions, printers, etc.) can’t be picked up.
Please check http://www.njcleanenergy.com/recycling or call 866-NJSMART (657-6278) to find out about their appliance recycling program and to schedule a free appliance pickup. Depending on the appliance, you may be entitled to a rebate.
Brush and Limb Pick-Up:
The collection begins the week of March 16, 2020, weather permitting, and will be conducted once a month during the last full week of each month through the week of September 21, 2020.
- Place brush curbside by 7:00 a.m. on Monday of the scheduled week.
- DO NOT place brush in the roadway.
- We will not return to a street once it is completed.
- Branches between 1” and 6” in diameter with a length greater than 4’ will be chipped.
- Branches and cuttings less than 1’ in diameter may be tied in bundles no longer than 4’ or placed in a rigid barrel which will be picked up with the garden refuse.
Brush and branches can also be brought to the recycling center located at 295 Columbia Tpk. on Saturdays from 8am to 12 noon. NO contractors or commercial vehicles. You may be asked to show proof of residency.
Grass & Garden Debris Pick-Up:
Grass and Garden Debris Pick-up is comprised of two separate routes, each done during different weeks through town based on street location (please click below to find which route number your street falls under) Route 1, begins the week of April 6, 2020, and Route 2 pick-ups will begin April 13, 2020 and will continue through October. Place the grass at the curb on Monday morning of your scheduled pick up week.
- Please do not place animal waste in the containers.
- Plastic bags will not be picked up.
- We will accept grass in biodegradable bags or metal or plastic barrels with handles. Barrels with rope handles or cut out handles will not be picked up.
- Biodegradable bags can be used instead of cans, but please try to keep them dry.
- Cans larger than 35 gallons and weighing more than 60 pounds will not be picked up.
- Miscellaneous vegetation such as weeds, potted plants (please, no pots), twigs or small sticks can be mixed with grass for pickup.
- The final weeks for collection will be October 19th for week one route and October 26th for week two route.
- Any vegetation (except logs, roots, etc.) can brought to the recycling center on Saturday between the hours of 8 am and 12 noon. No contractors or commercial vehicles. You may be asked to show proof of residency.
Click Below for the current grass pick-up schedule:
Florham Park Environmental Center
The compactor and Environmental Center located at 295 Columbia Tpk. is open every Saturday from 8:00 am until 12 noon. The Environmental Center will not be open if a holiday falls exactly on that date or because of inclement weather or maintenance to the site. (**Please Note: the Environmental Center will be closed on Saturday, July 4, 2020). You must present proof of residency to the attendant before any materials are dumped at the center. Please note the following items are not accepted (including Televisions, Computers, Monitors & Printers)
Items Not Accepted:
– Oil Tanks – Paint (unless uncapped & dried out)
– Gas cans – Quantities of Fencing
– Propane tanks – Wooden Pallets
– Tires – Railroad Ties
– E-waste (computers, televisions, etc.) – Items in Plastic Bags
– Household garbage – Bamboo
– Stumps – Treated Wood
– Logs – Firewood
Vehicles Not Allowed at Environmental Center:
– Rented vehicles of any kind (U-Haul, Home Depot, etc.)
– Commercial Vehicles
– Out-of-state vehicles
– Mason dumps
– Vehicles larger than a pickup truck
Rental trucks or trailers will be allowed provided you obtain a letter of approval from the DPW Director at least 24 hours in advance of your Environmental Center visit. Please call 973-410-5330 to request an access permission form letter, and it must be signed by the DPW Director and presented to the attendant at the Environmental Center on the day of your visit. The form must contain the make, model and plate number of the vehicle, as well as a list of items to be transported; and it must be a New Jersey vehicle registered to a resident in the Borough of Florham Park. The Borough of Florham Park reserves the right to refuse ANY VEHICLE AT ANY TIME at their discretion.
Florham Park is now accepting e-waste Recycling
Florham Park is now accepting e-waste at the environmental center during normal operating hours of 8am to 12pm on Saturdays.
NJ State law says we are allowed to accept the following items:
-Televisions (all types)
-Computers, laptops, tablets
-Computer monitors (all types)
-Desktop printers & multi function devices
No other items accepted. All items are to be placed neatly on the side or inside the walk-in container.