Registrar of Vital Statistics
Maryann Lang, CMR
Deputy Registrar of Vital Statistics
Lisa DiTaranto, CMR
111 Ridgedale Avenue
Florham Park, NJ 07932
Obtaining a Certified Copy of a Vital Record:
The Borough of Florham Park issues certified copies of birth, death, and marriage records for events that occurred within the Borough of Florham Park. A certified copy can be used for legal or identification purposes. A certified copy of a vital record can only be issued to those individuals who have direct link to the individual(s) named on the vital record. The requestor must be able to fully identify the vital record and provide proof of his/her identity and relationship.
The Registrar’s Office is located at 111 Ridgedale Avenue, Florham Park, NJ 07932. It is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (excluding holidays). It is advisable to call before coming to the office to ensure the Registrar/Deputy Registrar will be available to assist you. You must arrive by 4:00 pm to receive your certified copy on the same day. (973-410-5319). Mail in requests are also accepted with the appropriate documentation and a completed form.
Fees and Required Documentation – via Mail or In-Person:
Fee: $25.00 (1st Copy) $5.00 each additional copy (per order)
Cash or check payable to the “Borough of Florham Park” only.
Also, you must provide the following documentation:
- Self -Identification
- All requests must include your Driver’s license or two alternate forms of ID with your address. Acceptable types of alternate identification are: driver’s license without photo, vehicle registration, insurance card, passport, county ID, school ID, utility bill, bank statement, W-2 form.
- Proof of Relationship
- You must also include proof of your relationship to the individual(s) listed on the record your are requesting, unless it’s your own record.
Requests by Mail:
Mail all requests to 111 Ridgedale Avenue, Florham Park, NJ 07932. You must include a photocopy of your identification and a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want the record to be mailed back to you. All mail-in requests will only be mailed to the address shown on your proof of identification.
MARRIAGE/CIVIL UNION LICENSES
If you are getting married or entering into a civil union in New Jersey, you may apply for a license in the town where either applicant resides up to 6 months before your wedding ceremony. Please contact the local Registrar where you will apply for detailed instructions. If both applicants live out of state, you must apply in the town where the ceremony is to be held in New Jersey. Both applicants must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a marriage license in New Jersey.
To apply for a marriage license or civil union license in Florham Park:
Appointment is required.
Please call the Registrar’s office at 973-410-5319 to schedule and appointment. There is a mandatory 72 hour waiting period, after applying for a license, before you may get married. Once the marriage license is issued to the couple, it is valid for 30 days.
Requirements when applying for a marriage license:
- Proof of identity by presenting your up-to-date driver’s license, passport or state/federal ID.
- Proof of residency – only if a NJ resident. (Must match your Florham Park address)
- Social security number – you card does not need to be presented.
- A witness, 18 years of age or older. Please be advised your witness cannot be your officiant.
- The $28 application fee payable in cash or check to the Borough of Florham Park.
Any documents in foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation. If anyone in your party does not speak English, you must bring an official interpreter to your appointment.
After your marriage ceremony, your marriage license will be permanently filed with the Registrar in the municipality where the ceremony was performed. A copy will also be filed with the State of New Jersey.