Social Media Policy
Social Media Policy
Posted comments and images do not necessarily represent the views of the Borough of Florham Park (the “Borough”). External, non-Borough links on this site do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the Borough. While we encourage individuals to share thoughts and opinions on the Borough’s Facebook and Twitter Pages, we expect that this will be done in a courteous and respectful manner.
The Borough does not agree with or endorse every comment that individuals post on our pages. Our goal is to share ideas and information with as many individuals as possible. The Borough shares notice about municipal government and its activities via social media to reach a broader audience and so that interested citizens can share our information.
We encourage you to submit your comments, questions or concerns, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum. Please refer to our website, www.fpboro.net, to find contact information for all municipal departments.
The Borough’s contractual obligations with our social media platforms require it to enforce their policies with regard to posted comments. The guidelines below are, in part, the Borough’s effort to comply with those obligations. Be neighborly, courteous, respectful and relevant. Remember that your comments may be read by persons of any age, and are subject to open public records laws.
Our pages will follow the following guidelines. If your post violates these guidelines, it will be removed.
The Borough reserves the right to immediately delete submissions that contain:
- Offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial or religious group;
- Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity;
- Inflammatory language;
- Defamation to a person or people; and
- Name calling and/or personal attacks; and
- Political material of any kind.
Further, the Borough also reserves the right to delete submissions that:
- Are spam or include links to other sites;
- Are clearly off topic;
- Include identical or repeated comments;
- Contain sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Advocate illegal activity;
- Promote particular services, products, or organizations;
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
- Have the potential to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Are made by persons identifiably under the age of 13;
- Contain personally identifiable medical information; or
- Contain personally identifiable information (PII) such as email addresses, social security numbers, phone numbers or any other information for which a person has a reasonable expectation of privacy.
Notwithstanding the foregoing regulations, the Borough reserves the right remove all comments after two (2) business days. Users who violate this policy may be banned from future commenting or blocked from the social site where the violation occurred. Again, please be advised that the comments expressed on any Borough social media site do not reflect the opinions and position of Borough government or any of its officers and employees.
We recognize that the internet and social media are available 24/7. Comments are welcome at any time. However, due to the need to manage resources, questions, messages, and comments will typically be responded to during the following hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. The Borough of Florham Park may change the Social Media Policy at any time and without notice. If you have any questions concerning the operation of this online moderated discussion, please contact the Borough Administration. Questions may also be sent to email@example.com.