Important Information


The legal drinking age in New Jersey is 21. It is unlawful to possess unsealed alcoholic beverage containers in any public place unless official permission has been granted. Retail consumption is restricted to the following hours: 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. Monday – Saturday; 12:00 noon to 2:00 a.m. Sundays. State law prohibits the consumption of an alcoholic beverage by either the driver or a passenger while in a motor vehicle. The possession of an unsealed alcoholic beverage in a motor vehicle is also prohibited.

Back to top

Animal Licensing

All dogs and cats that are at least 7 months old must be counted and licensed each year by the Borough of Florham Park as per Chapter 96 and Chapter 108 of the Code of Florham Park. Dog and cat licenses must be renewed by January 31st of each year.  N.J. state law requires that all animals must show proof of a current rabies vaccination that is valid through November 1st of the licensing year in order to renew. There are no exceptions. For application and fee information, contact the Health Department at 973-410-5319.

Back to top

Animal Control/Lost or Missing Pets

Florham Park animal control services are provided by Millburn Animal Control. Please contact the Florham Park Police Department at (973) 377-2200, and they will contact animal control. All calls must go through the Florham Park Police Department.

Back to top

Block Parties

Permission must be granted by the Council after review by the Borough Clerk and the Police Department. Please submit your request in writing to the Borough Clerk at

Back to top

Branch & Limb Collection

Branches and limbs between one and six inches in diameter and more than four feet long will be collected by the chipper during the last full workweek of each month from March through September.  Branches and limbs should be placed loose on the curb (never in the street!) by 7am Monday morning of the scheduled week.  Once the chipper has finished a road, it will NOT return until the end of the next scheduled month. Branches greater than six inches in diameter or less than four feet long cannot be chipped.  Firewood, logs, stumps and roots will not be collected. Please visit the Public Works page for more information. For branches smaller than one inch in diameter or less than four feet in length, please see GRASS AND GARDEN REFUSE.  Branches and limbs can also be brought to the Environmental Center on Saturdays between 8:00 am and 12 noon (see ENVIRONMENTAL CENTER).


Building, Repairing, Renovating

Check with the Construction Department before undertaking any project to obtain the proper building, plumbing or electrical permits. Call 973-410-5350. Make sure all final inspections have been completed before you make final payment to the contractor. As the property owner, you are responsible for all inspections which include permits for roofing, re-roofing, siding, fencing, repairs and renovations.

Back to top

Certificate of Occupancy

Residential and Commercial dwellings do not require a certificate of occupancy upon resale.  Residential dwellings require a certificate of inspection from Fire Prevention with Florham Park Fire Department for smoke alarms and fire extinguishers. A fee is charged. Please call the Fire Dept. at: 973-377-3241.

Back to top

Charitable Solicitation And Canvassing

Applications for solicitation can be obtained on this website under forms  Applications must be made to the Borough Clerk’s Office and permission granted by the Council before any canvassing or charitable solicitation may take place. For questions, please call 973-410-5319.

Back to top

Community TV & Electronic Bulletin Board

Florham Park’s Community Bulletin Board is provided twenty-four hours a day free of charge on Cablevision Channel #21 and Verizon Channel #35. Florham Park non-profit, community service organizations may post announcements by submitting them two weeks prior to the date they would like them to appear. A contact name and telephone number must be included. Announcements may be faxed directly to FPTV at 973-765-9895, or they may be mailed to Florham Park Community Television, 111 Ridgedale Ave., Florham Park, NJ 07932.

Florham Park’s Electronic Sign board is for posting of Community Events only.  Please contact the Recreation Department at 973-410-5394 or email

Back to top



The compactor is available Saturdays from 8am until noon for residents to dispose of bulky waste.  Any person coming to the compactor must present the attendant with valid proof of Florham Park residency.  Commercial vehicles are not allowed at the compactor, as well as trailers, rentals, or anything larger than a pickup truck, unless you obtain a letter of approval from the DPW Director for special circumstances.  For a list of items not accepted at the compactor, Please visit the Environmental Center page.

Starting January 1, 2022, you will need a compactor card to use the compactor. You can obtain a card at the Community Center Monday thru Friday, 9am until 4:30pm. Cards are issued one per household. Anyone in the household can use the card with proof of residency. Each residence will have six visits per calendar year for use of the compactor.


Environmental Center

The municipal Environmental Center, located at 295 Columbia Turnpike, provides recycling, composting and solid waste disposal solutions for Florham Park residents. The Center is open Saturdays (except holidays) from 8am until noon, weather permitting. There is no fee to use the facility; however, proof of residency must be provided in the form of a current utility bill or driver’s license.  No contractors, landscapers, commercial vehicles, trailers, or rented vehicles are allowed.  Please visit the Environmental Center page for more information.

Back to top

Feral Cats

Do not feed feral cats because they are NOT domesticated. They have been born in the wild and may carry diseases and in some cases, rabies. The feeding of feral cats and other types of wildlife disrupts their natural feeding habits and can result in wildlife being concentrated at artificial feeding areas like your yard. It is against the law in Florham Park to feed feral cats and other wildlife. Violators are subject to prosecution and fines. Report feral cats to the Health Department at 973-410-5319.

Back to top


The hunting of game and the discharging of firearms within the Borough limits are prohibited. State Law requires the registration of firearms of any type. Applications are handled by the Police Department.

Back to top

Fire Works

The manufacture, sale and use of fireworks are prohibited by State law. Fireworks laws are enforced by the municipal police and local fire officials.


Fire Protection

The Florham Park Volunteer Fire Department can be reached at 973-377-3241 for non-emergency issues. For emergencies please dial 911. For more information and a listing of special events please visit their website at:

Back to top

Florham Park Free Public Library

The Free Public Library of the Borough of Florham Park is located on the grounds of the Borough complex. Expanded and renovated in 2005, this beautiful 16,000 square foot facility offers wireless internet access, two meeting rooms, and a collection of more than 46,000 books, periodicals and audio-visual materials. Membership in the Library provides online access to the catalogs of all the public libraries in Morris County through M.A.I.N (Morris Automated Information Network). People can request and renew online. Delivery to Florham Park of requested items from M.A.I.N. libraries and from libraries throughout New Jersey is provided. For information about the Library and the services it offers please visit or call 973-377-2694.

Back to top

Garage Sales

Permits are required for garage sales, and there is a limit of two garage sales in each twelve month period. The fee for a garage sale is $5.00. Please see the Borough Clerk’s office for permits and additional information.  Forms can be obtained here at

Back to top

Garbage Collection

Household trash is collected by private hauler twice a week. Contact: Pryer Disposal – 973-377-0176.

Back to top


Free concerts are presented at the Gazebo during the summer months. The Gazebo Committee consists of a group of volunteer residents who are appointed by the Mayor. For more information check the website at  or email the committee at

Back to top

Grass & Garden Debris

Lawn and garden debris is to be placed in garbage cans or biodegradable bags for bi-weekly pick up from the last Monday in March thru mid-October. Items should be put in garbage cans or biodegradable bags and placed at the curb by 7am on the Monday morning of your scheduled pick up week. Accepted items include grass, clippings, potted plants (no pots), pulled weeds, leaves, and brush and branches smaller than 4 feet in length or less than 1 inch in diameter.  Cans that do not have proper and secure handles will not be picked up.  Containers that have branches or brush sticking out more than one foot will not be picked up.  Cans larger than 35 gallons or weighing more than 60 pounds will not be picked up.  Please visit the Public Works page for more information. Grass and garden debris can also be brought to the Environmental Center on Saturdays between 8am and noon (see ENVIRONMENTAL CENTER).

Back to top


Florham Park is now accepting E-Waste at the Environmental Center on Saturdays between 8:00 am and 12 noon. Acceptable items are limited to televisions, computers, laptops, tablets, computer monitors, desktop printers and multifunctional devices, and fax machines. By NJ law, no other items can be accepted. To explore proper disposal options for all other HHW, please visit the Public Works page or refer to the Hazardous Wastes section of the MUA website. To contact MUA by phone, call 973-829-8006.

Back to top


Curbside collection is scheduled twice per year in early May and September. All residents are required to register the items to be picked up by calling the Department of Public Works at 973-410-5330 no later than noon on the Thursday before the scheduled collection.  No glass will be picked up. All items must be curbside by 7am Monday of the scheduled collection week. We request, if possible, that you place metal items into a separate pile. Please visit the Public Works page for more information. Heavy items can also be brought to the Environmental Center on Saturdays between 8am and noon (see ENVIRONMENTAL CENTER).

Back to top

Landlord Tenant Law

Any person “landlord” who owns property which is offered for rented housing space is required by law to file a statement with the Municipal Clerk which contains the name and address of the property owner, the name of the tenant, the name and address of the managing agent of the premise, if any, and the name and address of an individual representative to contact in the event of an emergency. Amended statements of registration are required to be filed within seven days of any change in the foregoing information. Click the link below for the landlord/tenant form. Forms can be faxed to:

Landlord Tenant Registration

Back to top

Leaf Collection

Beginning in early October, the DPW will make two scheduled trips throughout the Borough to collect leaves at the curb, one zone each week, followed by a final mop up through all four zones (time and weather permitting).  Please have your leaves at the curb (not in the street!) by the Monday morning of your zone’s scheduled week. Leaves will be accepted loose, in garbage cans, or in biodegradable bags.  DO NOT mix rocks, wood, branches, dirt, etc. in with the leaves.  For the Leaf Collection Schedule and more information, please visit the Public Works page or call the DPW office at 973-410-5330. Leaves can also be brought to the Environmental Center on Saturdays between 8:00 am and 12 noon.

Back to top


The Morris Area Paratransit System (MAPS) is Morris County’s transportation service for senior citizens and people with disabilities, operated by the Morris County Department on Senior, Disability and Veteran Services. Using small buses and cars, MAPS provides weekday transportation to various destinations in the county, including medical facilities, education and employment sites. Many MAPS vehicles are equipped for people using wheelchairs. You can use MAPS if you are a Morris County resident AND: you are age 60 years of age or older or you have a physical or mental disability. For more information on MAPS please visit the website at: Or call 888-282-6277.

Back to top

Marriage Licenses/Civil Unions

An appointment is needed to apply for a marriage license or civil union license in Florham Park. Residents can apply 6 months in advance, however, it is recommended you apply at least two weeks before the ceremony, as there is a 72 hour waiting period from the time the application is filed to the date the license is issued. To schedule an appointment, obtain document requirements and fee information, please call the Registrar’s Office at 973-410-5319/5354.  Click HERE for additional information.

Back to top

Municipal Pool

Residents receive registration dates and fee schedules by mail each spring. Registrations may be made at the Recreation office before the pool opening; thereafter register directly at the pool. Lessons and Swim team information is available at the Pool following opening. For further information on registration, please contact the Recreation Department at 973-410-5390.

Back to top

Municipal Court

Municipal Court is held every Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. – Violations Bureau – 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.  The court office can be reached at: 973-410-5303. All court dates are now virtual. For additional information click HERE. 

Back to top

Neighborhood Watch Program

Those wishing to set up Neighborhood Watch Programs will be assisted by members of the Police Department.  Please contact the Police Department at 973-377-2200 for additional information.

Back to top

One Day Liquor License – Social Affairs Permit

Applications may be obtained online from the Division of Alcoholic Beverage for special functions. All permits must be approved by the Borough Clerk and the Chief of Police. Click the link below for more information on how to obtain a 1 day liquor license for an event.

Back to top

Open Burning

The open burning of leaves and other debris is strictly prohibited.

Back to top


On-street parking is prohibited on all streets between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. daily. Violators parking in Fire Zones or illegally parked in physically handicapped parking spaces will be ticketed. Parking is also prohibited on snow covered streets.

Back to top

Post Office

187 Columbia Turnpike – 973-377-2402 / 973-377-5652.

Back to top

Rabies Clinic

Free rabies vaccinations are held each November at the Borough Garage. At that time, a local veterinarian will vaccinate dogs and cats. This service is paid for in your annual license fee.  For additional information please contact the Board of Health at 973-410-5319.

Back to top

Raffle Licenses

Applications for raffles to be held within the Borough may be obtained from the Municipal Clerk’s Office. The fee is determined by the prize amount. For more information contact the Deputy Clerk’s office at 973-410-5319.

Back to top


Recycling is required by law. Curbside pickup of cans, bottles, mixed paper and cardboard, and plastic types 1, 2 & 5 for recycling is provided every other Thursday by the MCMUA. For missed pickups, call 973-659-3490 by 10am Friday.  For the Curbside Recycling Schedule and more information, call the DPW office at 973-410-5330.  Recycling can also be brought to the Environmental Center on Saturdays between 8am and noon (see ENVIRONMENTAL CENTER).

2023 Recycling Schedule

Back to top


It is the responsibility of the property owner to keep sidewalks safe and in good repair.  Borough standards and construction permits are available in the Engineering Department.



It is unlawful for any person to erect, alter, or relocate any sign as defined by Ordinance without first obtaining a permit from the Construction Code Official and making payment of the fee required by Ordinance, except as exempt under provisions of Section 28-7 (Residential; and Non Residential Zones) defined in the Borough Code. Temporary sign permits are approved at town council meetings.

Temp. Sign Application

Back to top

Smoke Detectors

Smoke detectors, or smoke alarms, are required by law to be installed in each dwelling unit or sleeping area in any structure in the Borough of Florham Park. The installation of smoke detectors shall be made in accordance with the regulations of the Fire Official, both as to the number of detectors needed for the area to be protected and as to the method employed. The inspection of each installation shall be by the Fire Official.

It shall be unlawful for any person to convey title to any building in the Borough without having first procured a Certificate from the Fire Official indicating the premises to be sold or conveyed comply with the provisions of Ordinance 8-88. It shall be the sole responsibility of the owner to maintain every smoke detector in working order after it has been inspected and approved by the Fire Official.

Back to top

Snow Removal

Snow and ice must be removed within 48 hours of daylight from the time the storm ends. If freezing conditions make removal impractical, the snow or ice must be covered by cinders, sand or salt.

Back to top

Swimming Pools

An application for a construction permit must be made, and approval of the plans must be obtained before starting work on the construction, alteration, or repair of a family swimming pool. Approvals are needed from the Construction Official.

Back to top

Tax Collection

Tax Office hours are 9:00 a.m. top 4:30 p.m. – Monday through Friday. It is imperative that the Tax Office receives in writing any change of address or change to a post office box to insure deliver of all future bills. When paying your tax bill please send the stub only with your check. Your cancelled check is your receipt. For your convenience, there is a Lock Box located at the Police Entrance to Borough Hall to use as a drop-off for Tax/Water/Sewer payments. No cash should be put in the box -only checks with the proper payment stub. PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY POSTDATED CHECKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. The Tax office can be reached at: 973-520-1980.

Back to top

Tax Reimbursement Program

The Property Tax Reimbursement Program is designed to reimburse senior citizens and disabled persons for property tax increases. To qualify for the reimbursement you must meet certain criteria. For more information please call 1-800-323-4400.

Back to top


Tents require a permit. Please check with the Construction Office at 973-410-5350.

Back to top


The Borough’s Water Department operates a water supply system which consists of three wells, two storage tanks and water distribution lines. The present number of wells and underground aquifer supply sufficient water to the 3,100 system users. The Water Department is a self-supporting utility. For water & sewer billing questions, please call: 973-520-1980.

Solid waste is collected by Pryer Disposal Company, with individual residences and business establishments responsible for payment of the collection service. New Jersey State law requires all residents to provide proof of contract for solid waste disposal.

Electricity and gas are supplied by Jersey Central Power and Light and Public Service Electric and Gas Company.

Back to top

Voting Information

Registration requirements state you must be eighteen years of age on or before the election in which you are to vote; you must be native-born or show proof of naturalization; you must have resided in New Jersey and in the county for thirty days. Voter registration applications are available at the Clerk’s Office in Borough Hall. You may also contact the Morris County Board of Elections at 973-285-6066. For further information and applications, you may visit the website at Residents moving into Florham Park from another community in Morris County may simply complete a change of address form. Voter registration forms may be obtained at the Borough Hall Cl Office at Borough Hall or by the County Clerk’s office.

Back to top


Collection is handled by the Sewer Utility. Please call 973-377-1330.

Back to top


Questions regarding permitted uses should be directed to the Zoning Officer, 973-410-5334/5330.

Back to top